TEMPLE, TX - One person received a burn to their hand and a home received minor damage when a grill placed too close to the house triggered a small fire.
Firefighters were called to the home in the 8200 block of Sage Meadow Drive at 6:08 p.m. Thursday.
When they arrived they noted smoke coming from the rear of the two story home.
The rear wall of the house received some fire damage and there was some minor smoke damage in the house.
The person injured was trying to put out the fire.
Temple Fire & Rescue reminds those grilling to keep the grill at least ten feet away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
They also advise never to leave the grill unattended and to check the major connection points between the propane tank hose and the regulator and where the hose connects to the burners.
They advise that as you are cooking, if you smell gas, turn off the gas at the tank and the burners.
If you use starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid and never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to the fire, and when you are finished let the coals cool completely before disposing in a metal container.
Two Waco business owners want to know who broke into their businesses…
Oncor is aware of recent reports of imposters calling customers and…
Temple police say a group of young teen girls are suspects in the…