Local

Man burned in Cameron fire dies

CAMERON, TX - A 28-year-old man badly burned in an early morning fire Monday in Cameron has died.

Adam J. Price had been first taken to Baylor Scott & White Hospital in Temple, the flown from there to a burn unit in San Antonio where he died early Tuesday morning.

Firefighters responding to a fire in a small outbuilding behind 906 East Gillis found Price lying on the ground beside the driveway to the home.

Fire units had been called at 5:43 a.m.

Fire Chief Henry Horelica said the victim had apparently been living in a small building behind the main residence where his 85-year-old grandmother was living.

She told firefighters she and the victim had coffee earlier and he had gone out back.

She heard a loud boom and looked out to see flames and to see the victim running from the building on fire.

A neighbor helped extinguish the flames on the victim.

Firefighters quickly knocked down the fire in the small building.

Chief Horelica said the state fire marshal was assisting in the investigation and had taken samples to be analyzed in a lab.

He noted that there did not appear to be anything in the building that could have exploded, that there were no obvious accelerants or flammable  liquids to be found.

Chief Horelica noted that this was the third fire related  death in the past twelve months in Cameron.


More Stories

Trending Stories

Latest News