Baylor Scott and White Hillcrest broke ground on a new facility aiming to advance sports medicine and injury prevention in Central Texas.
The 106,000 square foot, four story Orthopedic Center will offer a full spectrum of sports medicine and sports performance services for athletes of all ages.
Highlights planned for Baylor Scott & White Sports and Orthopedic Center will be located both inside and outside the facility for maximum use of space for the rehabilitation and development of each athlete:
- Primary care and preventive medicine
- Sports performance space where team members can analyze the movement of athletes of all ages to improve strength, conditioning and performance with a focus on safety
- Orthopedic and sports medicine clinics with specialists offering both surgical and nonsurgical solutions to pain in hand/wrist, elbow, foot/ankle, spine and total joint
- Diagnostic imaging offering advanced diagnostic radiology
- Surgery center for orthopedic procedures, located conveniently in the same complex as medical practices and rehabilitation services
- Physical rehabilitation with indoor and outdoor physical therapy areas
- Fusionetics Performance Health System, a sports science clinical program that provides effective solutions focused on decreasing injury, optimizing performance and enhancing recovery
The center will also work with junior colleges and high schools from all over Central Texas to offer comprehensive sport medicine.
“It’s really a dream come true, but it’s all these people, the community, the health system that made it happen. I’m just privileged to be here and I’m very excited,” says founder Dr. Jon Ellis.
The center is set to be complete next year.