Waco fire units were sent to Packless Industries at 8401 Imperial about 9:15 a.m. Wednesday.
Smoke was seen coming from one of the buildings as units arrived.
A large response was sent to the fire, along with a hazmat unit.
The written fire report says the alarm came in as a ” tank fire in an industrial structure.”
When firefighters arrived they found an elevated metal tank about 25-feet tall and 15-feet off the floor was burning.
The report said that investigation determined that a contractor had accidentally started the fire when a cutting torch he was using to cut lines to the tank sparked a fire in an oily substance in the tank.
All personnel had been evacuated from the building but it was found that one worker had suffered burn injuries and was treated at the scene by emergency medical personnel.
He was later taken to the hospital by private vehicle.
The fire was knocked down in a short time