Fire heavily damages Moody home

Local

Several fire departments responded to an early Monday morning housefire in Moody that resulted in heavy damage to a home 

The fire at 11213 Stampede Road was reported shortly after 1 a.m.

Units from Moody, Morgans Point Resort, Moffat, and Bruceville-Eddy responded.

A post from Morgans Point Resort reported that the home had been occupied when the fire broke out but all occupants were able to escape before firefighters got there.

Three dogs were reported safe but a fourth dog and two cats were not accounted for.

The Bell County Fire Marshal is conducting the investigation into the cause of the fire.

A Morgans Point Resort Facebook post reported that heat lamps and tiki torches had been used to keep pets warm during the night.

Firefighters warn people to be safe while heating their homes.


“You want to keep a good three foot safety perimeter around all space heaters also you wanna make sure those space heaters are plugged directly into an outlet in a wall. If they do get knocked over they should have safety tip mechanism that it shuts off if it does if it falls over or it starts to overheat,” said Keith Guillory with the Waco Fire Department. 

According to the National Fire Protection Association, space heaters cause about one-third of all winter house fires, and 80 percent of all winter heating fire deaths. 

“The one thing to consider is a lot of people if they don’t feel like they have adequate heat, they’ll want to run their stove, that’s not a good idea, its dangerous,” said Bill Snyder, a salesman at Gross-Yowell Hardware Store.

Firefighters say you should also never heat your car inside your garage, and having a fire extinguisher close by is the best way to keep a fire from spreading. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Upcoming Events

90210 Countdown Clock

Enter to Win our Contests

More Contests