Murder conspiracy suspect brought back to McLennan County

WACO, TX - The third suspect in a murder conspiracy case has now been brought back to McLennan County to face charges after her sister and another man had been arrested earlier.

Stefanie Price, who is listed on the McLennan County Jail Roster as Stefanie Marsh, was booked in Monday afternoon after being arraigned and brought back from Bastrop County where she had been arrested on Friday.

Police say she had been found hiding in a boyfriend's home there.

She had been sought as an additional suspect in the alleged plot to kill her mother after Shonna Manson and her boyfriend Jason Maple's had been arrested last month.

An arrest affidavit in the case alleges she obtained a handgun for the planned murder and that she conspired with her sister and another man to kill her mother,

Court papers indicate that 28-year-old Shonna Lynn Manson told another woman that she planned to kill her mother for allowing her step father to molest her and her children and that woman took the information to authorities.

The informant told a McLennan County Sheriff Office investigator that she had taken Manson to the probation office in Waco to get her probation transferred from Florida to Waco and was told that Manson only planned to stay long enough kill her mother.

The arrest affidavit quotes the informant as saying Manson talked of her boyfriend Jason Maples being on his way by bus and that when she and her mother went to pick him up, they would first steal some items from a local store, then take her mother somewhere and shoot her.

She also told the informant that her sister had obtained a gun for use in the killing.

The affidavit said Manson told the informant that the man she accused of molesting her did not die in an accident as originally believed,  but that she had killed Vernon Holder and made it look like an accident.

When the investigators confirmed that Jason Maples had bought a Greyhound Bus ticket and boarded a bus in Orlando, Florida Monday.

Manson was arrested and deputies were waiting for Maples when he arrived by bus and took him into custody.


More Stories

Latest News